click here to Book an Appointment
LENSES BY NIGHT, CLEAR SIGHT BY DAY.
A simple guide to Ortho K:
- Ortho K offers you freedom from glasses and additionally from all daytime contact lenses.
- It is completely reversible.
- It can correct moderate short-sighted prescriptions and some astigmatism.
- It is also recommended for children as it can slow short-sighted progression.
- Custom-made, highly gas-permeable lenses are worn each night.
- It is a great alternative to laser eye surgery.
- If you require any more information please have a look at the manufacturers website here.
Who can consider OrthoK?
- Low to Medium short-sighted prescriptions (ask us if your prescription is within the treatable range).
- Contact lens wearers who find they can’t get the comfort their lifestyle demands.
- Those whose activities aren’t ideal for glasses or contact lens wear.
- People who’ve considered laser treatment but are concerned about the risks or can’t be treated.
What is the procedure?
- A current glasses prescription is needed to start the trial which can be our eye examination or we accept other opticians prescriptions.
- Images are taken of the cornea using a Topographer which bounces light off the front of the eye.
- Custom-made lenses are worn only at night to gently reshape the front of the eye using it’s tear layer.
- We show how to insert, remove and care for the lenses.
- Further images are taken and prescription re-measured at each visit.
- The number of visits to get full effect varies (usually between 3 and 6 over a period of 1 to 3 months).
- Wear can be ceased at any time and the eyes then return to their previous prescription within a few days.
How much does it cost?
- £100 on first ordering lenses.
- £100 by direct debit 1 month later.
- £40pm by direct debit after that.
What does this provide?
- All appointments including future full eye examinations.
- All lenses in the first 3 months.
- New lenses automatically every 6 months.
- All solution to clean the lenses.
- Unlimited replacement lenses if damaged.
- One pair of replacement lenses a year if lost.
- Discounts on sunglasses and other accessories.
- To learn more about ortho k, please ask our optometrist (Tom Jackson) using email@example.com or directly on 07976 278064.
- To ask about the scheme or book an appointment please book online or contact us.